[amibroker] Re: Optimization Question

Employing "Use" variables as shown below is a clever approach to
sorting out useful vs non-useful indicators, BUT am I missing
something basic here? The "OR" parts of each condition seem wrong.

Surely the code should read (e.g):-
RSIx>Ref(RSIx,-1) AND RSIUse == 1;
and similar for the other indicators.

Brian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ftonetti@xxx wrote:

> One way to code this is as below ...
>
> One could of course code in separate "Use" optimizable variables
for each of the indicators to allow them to be independently used or
not on the buy / sell side.

> The default values in the optimization statements below were
arrived at from the best results based on CAR - MDD over the entire
life of a common Index using daily data.  Notice that the
optimization process determined NOT to use the MACD indicator i.e.
MACDUse = 0 but did employ the other two.

**** IMPORTANT ****