Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Optimization Question

One way to code this is as below ...

One could of course code in separate "Use" optimizable variables for each of the indicators to allow them to be independently used or not on the buy / sell side.

The default values in the optimization statements below were arrived at from the best results based on CAR - MDD over the entire life of a common Index using daily data.  Notice that the optimization process determined NOT to use the MACD indicator i.e. MACDUse = 0 but did employ the other two.

RSILen = Optimize("RSILen", 43, 1, 100, 1);

RSIUse = Optimize("RSIUse", 1, 0, 1, 1);

RSIx = RSI(RSILen);

RSIBuy = RSIx > Ref(RSIx, -1) OR RSIUse == 0;

RSISell = RSIx < Ref(RSIx, -1) OR RSIUse == 0;

StoLen1 = Optimize("StoLen1", 16, 1, 100, 1);

StoLen2 = Optimize("StoLen2", 25, 1, 100, 1);

StoLen3 = Optimize("StoLen3", 99, 1, 100, 1);

StoUse = Optimize("StoUse", 1, 0, 1, 1);

StoK = StochK(StoLen1, StoLen2);

StoD = StochD(StoLen1, StoLen2, StoLen3);

StoBuy = StoK > StoD OR StoUse == 0;

StoSell = StoK < StoD OR StoUse == 0;

MACDLen1 = Optimize("MACDLen1", 32, 1, 100, 1);

MACDLen2 = Optimize("MACDLen2", 60, 1, 100, 1);

MACDLen3 = Optimize("MACDLen3", 48, 1, 100, 1);

MACDUse = Optimize("MACDUse", 0, 0, 1, 1);

MACDx = MACD(MACDLen1, MACDLen2);

MACDs = Signal(MACDLen1, MACDLen2, MACDLen3);

MACDBuy = MACDx > MACDs OR MACDUse == 0;

MACDSell = MACDx < MACDs OR MACDUse == 0;

Buy = RSIBuy AND StoBuy AND MACDBuy;

Sell = RSISell AND StoSell AND MACDSell;