Re: [amibroker] Re: Graphing beyond the data

Interesting code. Thanks ...

Ton.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Graphing beyond the data

First, you should not be using reserved variables (close)
for your "ideas" because you end up having mess.

So first step is to REFORMULATE your idea to
actually have mathematical sense.

Let suppose that N represents the index of last bar
and you are trying to plot values for N+1, N+2, N+3.

Mathematically

VALUE[ N ] = LastValue( Close ); // that is last value of close - our starting point

now you want this:

VALUE[ N + 1 ] = 1.1 * VALUE[ N ]

VALUE[ N + 2 ] = 1.05 * VALUE[ N + 1 ];

VALUE[ N + 3 ] = 1.025 * VALUE[ N + 2 ];

The above can be generalized to:

VALUE[ N + futurebar ] = ( 1 + 0.2 / 2 ^ futurebar ) * VALUE[ N + futurebar - 1 ];

So next value is previous value multiplied by ( 1 + 0.2 / 2 ^ futurebar ) factor.

Now (the key moment) - you need to DROP thinking that given
array element is hardwired to time. It is not. Array elements
can be used regardless of time.
This allows us to use LAST N bars of actual existing arrays
as a placeholder for "future".

The code below implements entire idea:

Extend = Param("How many bars to extend", 1, 1, 50, 1 );

Value = LastValue( Close );

Result = Null;
i = 0;
while( i <= Extend )
{
Result[ BarCount - Extend - 1 + i ] = Value;
i++;
Value = ( 1 + 0.2 / ( 2 ^ i ) ) * Value;
}

Plot( Close, "Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );
Plot( Result, "Projected prices", colorBlue, styleLine, Null, Null, Extend );

Best regard,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com