From: Mike <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:23:58 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Problem is back- Can't figure this AA problem out

1. Do you really intend to look into the future like that? Note that
Ref(PHighPrice, 1) is looking at tomorrow's PHighPrice.

2. Are you sure that Ref(CI, -1) actually is ever greater than Ref(EMA
(CI, 5), -1)?

For these types of problems, it's often useful to add a Plot
statement to see what's happening.

Mike
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx ps.com, James <jamesmemphis@ ...> wrote:

> I can't figure it out. If I change those two less than signs to
greater than and rerun the AA, I get 0 trades. I thought it was a
problem with the settings, because it seems to work when I changed
something, but now it is not working again.

> ____________ _________ _________ __

code to this, simply changing > to <:

> Buy = Cross(H, Ref(PHighPrice, 1)) AND Ref(CI,-1) > Ref(EMA(CI,5) ,-
1);Short

> I get no trades in the Automatic Analysis window. I get trade
arrows in a chart pane and they are right, but for some reason
changing those arrows
> causes 0 trades in AA. Any idea what could be causing this.
>
> TIA,
> James= Cross (Ref(PLowPrice, 1), L) AND Ref(CI,-1) > Ref(EMA(CI,5) ,-
1);= Cross (Ref(PLowPrice, 1), L) AND Ref(CI,-1) < Ref(EMA(CI,5) ,-1);

**** IMPORTANT ****