[amibroker] Re: Plotting24 Hour Session and day session in 2 separate charts

Fools rush in where angels fair to tread .. so I have tried to make a
start (often the hardest part).

I am inclined to think there is no nice solution i.e. if you want
indicators to reference previous days rather than just visual
separation.

For visuals only you can:

- plot session markers to cue you in
- plot the intra session bars only (use conditional iif) but this
leaves a blank in the 24 hour chart and will not allow indicators
that ref previous days to work properly.

For indicator suitable compression:

- this only works with the View >> Intraday Session commands (in
tandem with Database >> Intraday Settings. In this mode indicators
auto reference the 'compressed' intraday bars as if they are a
continuous array (presumably they are).

Unfortunately the View >> Session commands are Global for the running
instance of AB (my terminology!)so if you open another window it will
change from 24hr to session view in tandem with all other open
windows.

- You could run a second instance of AB

- the only possible chance is to plot compressed data in a separate
pane (at first glance I don't find it satisfactory,because I use bar
style, but perhaps with some perseverance ... there are some other
TimeFrame functions that might help).

Create a new blank chart.
Insert code below.
View windows horizontally.
Run the original window in intraday 24 hour (view your futures)
Run window two with TFC and view ETF's

DC = TimeFrameCompress( Close, in5Minute );

Plot(DC,"DailyCompression",1,1);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sidhartha70" <sidhartha70@xxx>
wrote:

> TJ or anyone else.... can you comment on this...??
>
> TIA
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "onelkm" <LKMCD1@> wrote:
> >
> > I trade futures using 24 hour data and ETF's using just the day
session
> > data. I find that for ETFs the data for pre and post market is
mostly
> > noise and I don't want to include it in my trading systems. I use
IQ

**** IMPORTANT ****