[amibroker] Re: IB Controller and multiple IB accounts

I have 5 accounts with IB - all controlled from an Advisor account.
When you log into the Advisor account you can direct orders into any
of the client accounts.
The choices are: (this list may be incomplete)
1. direct an order to a individual client account
2. split the order on a % basis to 2 or more accounts
3. split the order on a $ basis to 2 or more accounts

This is very convenient - you only need to set up one order, then when
it executes the shares are distributed per your split instructions.
Using an Advisor account has reduced my error rate significantly.

Ed Hoopes

PS You can even arrange for commissions to be paid to the Advisor

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:

> IB and ibc both have a parameter to control which TWS you connect
to. You can only connect to one TWS. This is done by selecting a port
number. Look in TWS configuration section and API area. ibc is easier
to find the parameter, but don't remember exactly where it is.

> I beleive you can use that one connection to send orders to multiple
IB accounts in the same way that you would if you were using TWS to
place your orders.

> I have not used multiple accounts, but ibc can communicate with ONE
TWS and you can do whatever you can normally do from TWS.

sure.  A second computer works for sure.

>     rgds, Ed

Controller and it went to the account that was opened first.

>       Is that the only option?  Or is there a way to control which
account receives the order from Amibroker?

**** IMPORTANT ****