RE: [amibroker] Re: Another AQ Question

Brian:

Thanks for the detailed tips...good stuff.

You said:
>>I meant to warn you that it is not good practise to append new data to an
existing, AQ created, database for backtesting (susceptible to
corruption).... it's OK for temporary working databases (scanning for
current signals etc) ... for backtesting take a history and quarantine the
database.

This has me worried, as I am working myself not only towards backtesting on
which to depend, but for an AQ maintained db to be my working db for
O/H/L/C/V data.

Can you expand on your comment and share alternatives or options to
"maintain quality" with an AQ updated db.

Ken