[amibroker] Re: What is your favorite Volume based indicator, or...

Well you need to compare like with like.. i.e. the same exchanges. if
the same contract is traded on different exchanges then they may not
be reporting the same volume.
But I have traded the Eurostox 50 since it came on line back in
1998... and the volumes I'm getting are 100% correct. It's all
electronically exhcnaged so I don't understand why you believe it
would be any harder to report correct volume than it would correct
price...??? It's all done by computer....

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, reinsley <reinsley@xxx> wrote:

> Same tickers are traded on various exchanges. Hard to belevieve that
> recollection is in real time. I suppose that volumes are right, on a
> delay basis or EOD. The delay is variable up to the flow and the day's
> hour, even in a quiet market.
> I saw in real time the volumes about the same contract eurostock 50
> futures traded in Franckfurt and Paris. It's day and night.
> I saw delay on CQG, does it exist a quality professionnal  feed and a
> degraded feed ?
> If the future's volume is updated after a delay, does it worth to
create
> an intraday  trading system based on volume ? This question is still
> pending for me.
> The  reliability is depending of the supplier and the ticker. I am not
> far to think that it is a secret world. The backfilling modify the
stuff
> at any moment.
>
> Best regards
>
> sidhartha70 a écrit :
> >
> > I don't honestly know for IB... maybe others could comment.
> > But much of the futures volume these days, at least in the contracts I
> > trade, is traded on an electronic exchange. There is no reason to
> > believe that the data capture on electroic exchanges is not 100%
> > accurate...
> >
> > I use IQ Feed... I think there would be client uproar if the data they
> > supplied for volume on the major futures contracts was not accurate. I
> > believe it is.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>,

**** IMPORTANT ****