[amibroker] Re: CDN sectors etc

Canada, along with Australia and the USA are predominantly Standard and
Poors markets.

>From the SandP home site >> Canada >> Indices

example:

Find TSX Composite >> move amonst the tabs til you find the consituents
list >> download as CSV (sectors are included)

http://www2.standardandpoors.com/portal/site/sp/en/ca/page.topic/indices
_tsx/2,3,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,2,1,0,0,0,0,0.html

That only gives you the top 240-250 stocks.

Outside of the USA and maybe the UK/Euro, theory and practise
diverge ... interest isn't sufficient to warrant exchanges/Funds to
provide isntruments that will actually allow you to trade the sectors.

The only way I have found to go beyond S and P sectors is:

- trade a stock that is a topweight in the sector as a surrogate
- use ETF's as a surrogate
- hunt around the futures market for what instruments can be found

Once again, outside of the US ETF availability falls away.

Yahoo can sometimes come up with assistance:

ETF lists
Industry lists/news
Industry charts

I had a quick look at YahooCanada ... not the best I am afraid (USA and
UK Yahoo are quite helpful with industries for their markets).

At YahooCanada you can get SandP indices constituents in download
format and also use Symbol lookup to hunt for other info (I noticed the
Dow has some sector indices covering the TSX .... I haven't found Dow
to be very forthcoming with info though.... usually it is pay for view).

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/lookup?s=canada&t=I&m=US

If you want more detail, hunt for indice tracking or industry ETF's ...
due to compliance rules they generally publish top holdings or all
holdings.

**** IMPORTANT ****