[amibroker] Re: Weekly from missing daily bars: a 9/11/2001 indicator problem (1010911)

It would be easier if you could get rid of the need to use
TimeFrameSet and also avoid having to manually enter symbols.

I made a start on something ... not happy with it but you might as
well have it.

I was trying to get it so that I could view daily bars normally and
then weekly bars fixed up (and easily change between).

I downloaded 15 bars, for 3 tickers, from Yahoo (^DJI,A,CAT) and then
deleted quotes from A (a thursay, friday and monday quote in the
middle of the database).

Open a new default blank chart and insert.

Select = ParamToggle("SelectPad","True|False",0);
SetForeign("A", Select);
Plot(C, "SetForeign", colorRed, styleBar );
RestorePriceArrays(Select)

If I click on "A" I can view daily bars (not fixedup) == 12 bars
If I click on any other symbol then Foreign "A" plots with fixup bars
in place OR if I use parameters to toggle True|False then I can
see "A", in daily view, with white space where the missing quotes
are ... changing to weekly, using the chart icons, gives me a fixed
up weekly chart.

It might  be useful if you can find a way to use paramlist, or some
other AFL list, so you can right click/parameters to select any
symbol as Foreign instead of typing in code (assuming you want to
scroll through a watch list).

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "whitneybroach" <WhitneyBroach@xxx>
wrote:

> Yeah, a data hole is a data hole.
>
> I ran TimeFrameSet( inWeekly) and gave it Foreign( sym, "close",
fixup
> = 2 ) and the gap is gone.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@> wrote:
> >
> > I am just talking about the easy way out.
> >
> > No matter what you do you can't get an accurate indicator out of
> > missing data anyway.
> >

> > If you SetForeign, fixup == true, then missing daily bars will be
> > filled with previous OHLC etc ... you could just run a separate
> > window for Weekly view with SetForeign in use.
> >
> > If you still need a way to view daily or weekly in the same
window
> > then there might be a code solution.
> >

> > brian_z
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "whitneybroach"