[amibroker] Re: OT: Emerging Industry

More on Geothermal Power from rock

- no operating power station anywhere in the world
- Euro co-operative research effort at Soultz will be the first and
is the world leader

http://www.soultz.net/version-en.htm

- USA leads in geothermal power (5000 MW generated presumably not
from hot rock
- hot rock pioneering continues elsewhere in the world
- failed in the UK in the 90's
- world reserves are vast if successfully tapped
- Australian trial will produce at AUD 8 cents KWHr compared to 4
cents for coal fired power until economies of scale are achieved
- if successful GDY will produce 2x all USA geothermal from the one
site and has other proven reserves
- start of work on the 400 klm connection to the national power grid
is the litmus test for GDY.AX
- Japan trials have proven scaling issues
- GDY.AX claim fissures in heat reservoir open with time due to
expansion and that heat retained in the reservoir, over time, will
exceed inititial assumptions (based on testing and modelling).

Another interesting 'new' energy technology is associated with
geothermal power i.e. Kalina cycle power generation

- 30% more efficient than current Rankine cycle power plants
- suitable for using waste heat to generate power
- suitable for use in small plants
- proven technology
- at least two working plants up and running
- licensed to Siemens to build a small plant in Germany, on top of a
heat sink that is very close to the surface
- ready to deploy now and uses known technology
- especially relevant for use in geothermal generation

Efforts to find companies that will benefit from Kalina cycle
generation didn't turn up much:

private company Geysir Green Energy in Iceland
Polaris on the Toronto exchange
Wasabi on the Australian exchange
licensed for sue by GDY.ASX

- the technology seems good but the companies controlling it are will
of the wisps???

http://globalgeothermalplc.com/

**** IMPORTANT ****