[amibroker] Re: "SLOW" backfill and delay with IQFeed

Hi Tomasz,
Thank you for this.
I did a similar test, and I get similar results before the market
opens in the morning. Right after the market closed it is much slower.
I agree that bacfilling long history of one symbol is fast.
But if you do the benchmark with a list of 100 symbols you will notice
that it takes 3 times longer to fill the same number of bars
(time to backfill 100 symbols , say 1000 bars each = 3 times the time
it takes to backfill 1 symbol with 100 000 bars)

You can notice in the small "backfill" window that AB does it one
symbol at a time. And what is important it does not backfill all the
history for one symbol in one go. If it has 2000 bars to fill it will
collect 800 bars, then there is a short pause, then it will fill 300
bars, pause, and then the remaining bars (numbers I gave in this
example are random, and they actually vary each time). Why is it not
filling all the bars in one go?
The sequence is: "backfilling" => "history arrived". My understanding
is that "backfilling" is the actual data transmission and then there
is that long pause called "history arrived" when actually nothing
happens (to my knowledge) but it is just as long as the "backfilling"
period. And I can live with that after the market hours but not in
live market.

To me the problem is that when I run the scan on a large list of
symbols AB is blocking the network. It practically does not generate
any network traffic but it takes over the control over the network and
other applications "time out" when trying to connect to the network. I
dont get this problem when streaming large nr of symbols with
Quotetracker.

Second problem is the delay of the feed. Today my charts were moving
for 1min 46 seconds after the market close.

I dont think AB  itself connects to the internet so it has to be the
plugin, IQ connection manager or there is a problem at the IQFeed end.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes IQ connection manager takes
as much CPU as broker.exe and another time IQ CM takes 0% of the CPU
(all when streaming). Sometimes "reconnect" helps with this issue.

**** IMPORTANT ****