Re: [amibroker] Re: Consistent coding structure problem

Title: Re: [amibroker] Re: Consistent coding structure problem

Your text messages can only display the condition for ONE selected bar at a time. The SelectedValue() will display the condition for the bar selected by your cursor or, if the cursor is off-screen, for the last bar on the chart.

If you want to display the condition for all visible bars at the same time you have to use a different technique. For example you could use PlotText(), color the bar, plot symbols on the bar, etc. Plotting an indicator at the bottom of your chart is the easiest:

HLRange = abs( H - L );

ABC = HLRange > Ref( HLRange, -1 ) AND HLRange > Ref( HLRange, -2 ) AND HLRange > Ref( HLRange, -3 );

XYZ_Check = IIf( Ref( ABC, -1 ), 1, IIf( Ref( ABC, -2 ), 2, IIf( Ref( ABC, -3 ), 3, 0 ) ) );

ColorOffset = 2;

Plot(C,"",1,128);

Plot( XYZ_Check,"",XYZ_Check+ColorOffset,styleArea|styleOwnScale|stylenolabel,0,50);

If you want to use the condition in another formula (arrays) the coding would depend on what your code requires. Most often you do not need a loop...

best regards,

herman

> Thanks Herman.

> I understand why the error occurs... i.e. the 'array' in question has

> a variety of values in it. If the 'array' had only a single value in

> it... for instance if the array was set via a param() statement the

> code would work...

> Question... Does using SelectedValue() or LastValue() stop the working

> across the entire array of prices...?? i.e. it's outside of a loop,

> and I want it work across the whole price array. Will this work...?

> Thanks

> ------------------------------------

> **** IMPORTANT ****

> *********************

> TO GET TECHNICAL SUPPORT from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> *********************

> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html