Re: [amibroker] Yahoo RealTime Quotes

This is a follow up to my post.  I failed to notice that the realtime window DID infact appear at the bottom of my chart.
I have attached an image of it.  I would still appreciate hearing answers about using another database, and the 5 minute, 10 minute, intervals.  Ron D

--- On Mon, 11/3/08, Ronald Davis <xokie7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Ronald Davis <xokie7@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Yahoo RealTime Quotes
To: "amibroker @yahoogroups.com" <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, November 3, 2008, 11:01 AM

I am using Amibroker version 5.00.1 dated Nov 12, 2007.

 I make all of my buy and sell decisions using setups that appear in my charts from my Yahoo Free EOD data.

When I click on AMIBROKER>VIEW>REALTIME, I only see two folders, Local Layouts, and Global Layouts.   I want to be sure that my Version 5.00.1 Amibroker really will work with this Subscription Yahoo realtime data.

I assume that I should set up a separate yahoo database for the Yahoo realtime data.   If my Yahoo realtime Database has 5000 tickers in it, will this NEW YAHOO REALTIME DATABASE become VERY LARGE quickly?

Also, can I tell Yahoo to send me this realtime data every 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, and so on?

I have limited computer use skills, so I will appreciate any detailed answers you will be able to offer.   Thanks Ron D

**** IMPORTANT ****