[amibroker] Re: The Theory of Zig and How to make it Work

Ken,

You cannot change the .01 value. The .01 is simply a multiplier to
convert the "Amount" parameter from its whole value to its fractional
percentage value (e.g. from 15 to .15).

The parameter is expressed as a whole for convenience, but must be
converted to a fraction when performing calculations. PU and PD are
the target prices and are simply the current peak/trough minus/plus
an additional "Amount" percent of the current peak/trough. To
calculate the "Amount" percent, he multiplies Amount by .01.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ken Close <ken45140@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks TJ, David, Graham:
>
> Now, if you care to explain something else about the Trader's Tip
code for
> "The ZigZag Trend Indicator"
>
> These are the two important lines which help determine that the Zig
has
> moved a "confirming amount" in the new trend direction, and thus
you can
> switch to the "other side" of the ZigZag movement.
>
> PU = tr + 0.01 * abs(tr)*amount;
>
> PD = pk - 0.01 * abs(pk)*amount;
>
> Now, take the "factor" 0.01 and make it smaller. This has the
effect of
> moving the buy/sell arrows closer to the peak.  The CAR of
this "adjusted"
> system will be higher than if you leave the original 0.01 factor in
place.
> Is it then "looking into the future"??
>

>   _____

On Behalf