[amibroker] RT AB Sluggish at Small Time Settings

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] RT AB Sluggish at Small Time Settings
  • From: "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:41:04 -0400

Can someone suggest what I may check or diagnosis to get a handle on and fix for this problem.

I have used AB with my QuoteTracker feed for over a year now.  Of course I have some gaps in my data because QT and my source, Fidelity account, will not permit backfills.

Suddenly, yesterday, AB is totally bogged down if I select 5 minute data.  When I start it up, it automatically comes up in hourly mode and is ok.  Switching pole positions for example is almost instantaneous.  If I switch to 15 min display, I get a noticeable delay, maybe 3 to 5 seconds for the pole to appear. (I also have the Task Manager open and can watch broker.exe jump to the top of CPU usage and then drop down.  If I click on 5 min data, CPU goes to 100%, Broker.exe is pegged at near 92 to 95% and it will take literally 1 to 2 minutes to get the cursor back.  Again, the day before yesterday, everything worked fine.

What changed?  Nothing that I know of.  I was experimenting with a rather long formula file (developed in EOD environment), and earlier versions worked ok, but maybe this had something to do with the slowdown.  I deleted the formula from the RT database, and rebooted the computer.

What else can I try and what other data can I gather to diagnose this problem?

Thanks.

Running AB 5.19, with XP and plenty of RAM and HD

**** IMPORTANT ****