[amibroker] Re: Auto optimize all stocks

Thanks for posting this. I intended to write something like this
myself and never got around to it. Some thoughts:

1. Are you sure the delays are needed? I've had good luck using AutoIt
to watch for windows to open or close.

2. Instead of trying to fix the problem, try to make it happen more
often. What would happen if you never set the buy/sell arrays? Would
this cause the backtester to fail?

3. The parameter save script is invoking the backtester. There is
another way to execute general purpose afl from a script without using
the backtester. See this message:

Cheers,
Steve

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "liberte721" <daniel.laliberte@xxx>
wrote:

> I have been using a JScript to run the AA optimizer for each stock in a
> list and store the optimum parameters in a file.  The script is below. I
> use a custom backtester that records the parameters that perform the
> best so far, and after each optimization run, then I run another script
> that saves the best parameters.
>
> This works fine in some cases and it runs through all of a 100 stocks,
> but sometimes the application gets an error in one of a couple different
> places.  I'd like to find out why this fails sometimes and how I can
> avoid it.  More details on the failures below.
>
> Here is the custom backtester code, embedded in my afl script.
>

> isOptimizeSetup = Status("ActionEx") == actionExOptimizeSetup;
>
> if (isOptimizeSetup)
> {
>     maxObjective = -999999999;
>     StaticVarSet("maxObjective", maxObjective);
> }
> else
> {
>     maxObjective = StaticVarGet("maxObjective");
> }
>

> SetOption("UseCustomBacktestProc", True );
>
> if ( Status( "action" ) == actionPortfolio )
> {
>      bo = GetBacktesterObject( );
>      bo.Backtest( );  // run default backtest procedure
>
>     st = bo.GetPerformanceStats(0); // get stats for all trades
>
>     // Compute Objective value to be maximized.
>
>     // To minimize, maximize the negative.
>      // e.g. Objective = - ( abs( 100 - X * Y ) + abs( X - Y ) );
>
>     NP = st.GetValue("NetProfit");
>     LTL = st.GetValue("LosersTotalLoss");
>     objective = NP - sqrt(-LTL);
>
>     // defaultParams is a string with all the parameter values assigned
> by Optimize calls.
>     _Trace( "max: " + maxObjective + " objective: " + objective + "
> params: " + defaultParams);
>
>     if ( objective > maxObjective )
>     {
>        maxObjective = objective;
>        _Trace("new max: " + maxObjective + " params: " +
defaultParams );

**** IMPORTANT ****