[amibroker] Re: Backtest Intraday system - closing open positions?

Yes, I would think that having trade delays, in conjunction with time
based logic, could be a source of problems.

If I understand you corrrectly, you want trade delays for your signal
based trades, but immediate trades for time limits. You can emulate
this by not having any delays and then writing code along the lines
of the following:

SetTradeDelays(0, 0, 0, 0);
SellCondition = ...
NextBarNotToday = ...
Sell = Ref(SellCondition, -1) OR NextBarNotToday;

In the above sample, the actual sell happens on the bar of the sell
instruction. But, the sell instruction refers to the signal of the
previous bar (i.e. delay of 1 bar) *or* some time based logic of the
current bar (i.e. last bar of day).

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "aghari" <aghari@xxx> wrote:

> Good suggestion, Mike.
>
> I tried implementing that idea as follows:
>
> ForceCloseTradesAfter = 151300;
> NextBarOutsideRTH = (Ref(TimeNum(),1) > ForceCloseTradesAfter);
> NextBarNotToday = (Ref(DateNum(),1) > DateNum());
> Sell = SellCondition OR NextBarOutsideRTH OR NextBarNotToday;
>
> However, there are still trades in backtesting that doesn't close on
> the same day. What am I missing? Do you think the trade delays of 1
> bar that I have in place is causing exceptions? If so, how do I
> programmatically override them for the above conditions
> (NextBarOutsideRTH/NextBarNotToday)?
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" <sfclimbers@> wrote:
> >
> > What about using a look ahead and comparing the date of the next
bar
> > with the date of the current bar. When not the same, then you
know the
> > current bar is the last bar of the day and you can generate a
Sell

**** IMPORTANT ****