[amibroker] Re: Slow IB backfills

Hi All,

Today is the first time I've used Interactive Broker's TWS. I had a
lot of trouble with that Back Fill process, I couldn't get it to stop.

I finally downloaded this month's 1 minute data from Finam using
AmiQuote. It took a minute or so to download Oct 1st to Oct 19th.
data. I changed the file names to the Symbols IB uses, then I re-
entered AmiBroker with the IB interface active. This time I could
stop the back fill process.

After a minute I looked closely and saw that there was a price jump
between Friday's Close and the current prices. Well, I thought that
could be normal, but when I checked the data at 5:11 PM Sunday Oct.
19th.

The current IB Ideal Bid price for the EURCHF was 1.8647 and the
Close price at Finam was 1.5236.

That's too big a price difference for my comfort.

Has anyone done a Bid/Ask price comparison between data providers
lately?

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Why? There are plenty of interfaces already available.
> You are NOT forced to use IB data. There are plenty of supported
data sources listed
> here: http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_quotes.html
>
> BTW:
> IB for order placing works fine. Also streaming data from IB works
fine.
> The only (temporary) problem is with their backfill.
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

interface?  ThinkorSwim for example?

>   Ara

IB server problem with GLOBEX backfills.
>     Poor performance of backfills is common in ANY software using
IB.
>     http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=141226&highlight=IB+backfill

>     Best regards,
>     Tomasz Janeczko
>     amibroker.com

requesting a 5 day backfill and it is excruciatingly slow.

**** IMPORTANT ****