Re: [amibroker] Slow IB backfills

but even now, 8:32 CET, so 2:32 ET  backfill is horrible, not working. About a year ago when I was running a portfolio system and needed to download data for about 40 symbols every morning it worked smoothly. Now I can even get 1 symbol backfilled this morning. Completely useless. But the IB charts work OK this morning. So wonder if this has something to do with the link to AB.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Slow IB backfills

IB data is completely useless. Like mentioned here during market hours it is almost impossible to get data. So if you plan to add a symbol during market hours forget about it.

I experienced that my internet connection went offline and when it returned to the online status I could not backfill the data for that day even though it said that the data had been backfilled. So the data for POT for that day where gone and I could not backfill them during market hours. Luckily I also use IQFeed but I used to use IB data to execute the systems. Seems the quality is getting worse each day.