[amibroker] Re: New to AmiBroker

The volume is stored in the symbol data base and you can compare the
values with eSignal. Click on Symbol and then on Quote Editor. If you
want to dump the data to Excel csv file search on Export EOD or
Intraday to .csv file in the AFL Library on the AB site. The
instructions are in the code. That is also good for backing up your
data once in a while. For comparison I get ES from Interactive
Brokers and my volume for 11:45 bar is 30766. IB does not time stamp
their data and AB uses the sys clock so the value may only be close.

Also there are a number of indicators that show the volume and you
can drag that onto a price chart.

One more thing before you run into it the hard way. AB will truncate
your database to the number of bars set in the File > Database
settings. Change that value to around 500000 to keep about 8 months
of 1 minute data and save it about once a month in an archive. My
program will dump the data for all symbols in your database is you
set to all symbols and all quotations.

If you want to make the price lines bold right click on the chart and
under the price style check thick. I don't believe there is a global
setting. If you are plotting your own data look under Plot styles for
thick.

Barry

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "whit688" <whit688@xxx> wrote:

> Hi - I'm new to AmiBroker (from MetaStock) and new to the forum.
This
> looks like a great platform.  I have two questions I am hoping
someone
> can help with:
>
> I am charting intraday ES data (5-min) with an e-Signal feed.  The
> volume I get in AB is quite a bit less than e-Signal, though the
> histogram looks similar (peaks & troughs).  Since the ES is a
futures
> contract, I am guessing that AB is plotting tick data?  Is there a
> setting I can alter to get the actual volume?
>
> My other question: I have Parameters set to Thick in Price
Properties,

**** IMPORTANT ****