[amibroker] Re: PlotText problem when using SelectedValue

Just corrected one careless error but it still does not work properly.

I forgot to wrap the Low in a selectedvalue function. With that corrected, the slope appears on the selected bar when I first apply the indicator. But as soon as I select another bar, a new value does not appear. And even if I go back to the original bar, no more values of slopes are visible on screen:

PlotText("Slope\n" + NumToStr(SelectedValue(SlopeTest)), SelectedValue(BarIndex()), SelectedValue(L), colorBlack);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ozzyapeman" <zoopfree@xxx> wrote:

> I've used PlotText successfully before, but seem to have a problem when
> using it with SelectedValue. Hope someone can help.
>
> What I am trying to achieve is pretty simple - When I click on a bar, I
> want to see the value of the slope of the 10-period linear regression
> line.
>
> This is what I have:
>
> SlopeTest = LinRegSlope(C, 10);
>
> PlotText( "Slope\n " + NumToStr( SelectedValue( SlopeTest ) ),
> SelectedValue( BarIndex() ), L , colorBlack );
>
> I keep getting an error, "argument #3 has incorrect type..."

**** IMPORTANT ****