Re: [amibroker] Re: backtesting a watchlist problem

Hi Barry,
              Many thanks for your reply,

 I'm very interested in the results you've returned with the code running on a hourly chart via futures contracts.
        I wonder if you optimized the ma's or if those huge returns are with the 8 by 13 ? .I would be extremely happy with returns that you've mentioned or even part there of.
       From what i've read in the forum you write/design code to link up with IB similar to what Graham does for indicators/explorations, maybe i can contact you off the forum to speak of setting up a Bot system.I have no IB account at this stage but would be very happy to head in that direction with your assistance.

re MA(C,MA1length); and MA(C,MA2length); yes thats how i've set up to optimize the ma's by removing the MA(C,r);/ MA(C,t);//and copying it behind the ma1length/ma2length while optimizing and then reversing that back when i know what the fast/slow values were and assigning them to r and t.

 I didn't set up to short as my intention initially was to try build an EOD system on equity's.
re walkforward and in sample testing,,,my intention there was to back test 6 months and then trade it forward for a month after a post i read here in the forum and do some experimenting with that also.

 i'm encouraged and amazed by what you've seen on the return figures i have been contemplating going to IB soon as to attempt some intraday work and view system draw downs etc. i wonder if we can discuss generating a bot system for me please with IB (?),

(i realise this would not happen overnight as i know very little about IB itself)
kind regards
Paul