In order to test on any time interval, your database must be at the that level or finer.  So, in order to test on 1 minute bars, your database must be 1 minute or faster.  To see what your database is, using the File menu, click Database Setting, and look at the Base Time Interval.

Thanks,
Howard

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:20 AM, jim fenster <normanjade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

wow that was it..It works now thanks..BTW is it possible to test on 1-minute bars? In the settings tab I dont see one there. I just see 15-min, 12-min etc.

Jim

--- On Mon, 10/6/08, Howard B <howardbandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Howard B <howardbandy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [amibroker] System based on time
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, October 6, 2008, 6:10 PM

Hi Norman --

Is this Exactly what you have coded?

I code it as buy = timenum()==142500 and sell == timenum()==152500. .

If so, try:
Sell = timenum()==152500;

Only one "=" for an assignment statement.

Thanks,
Howard

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 5:13 AM, normanjade <normanjade@xxxxxx com> wrote:

I am having real problems with coding a simple system based on time. I
have intraday 15 minute data on my chart. The system backtesting
settings is at 15 minutes. I check my bars and I see 14:25 etc. I want
a simple system now. When time is 1425 buy, when time is 1525 sell.
I code it as buy = timenum()==142500 and sell == timenum()==152500. .
Nothing. No signals..If I put timenum()>142500 I get signals. But not
with the equal. Anyone know whats wrong here?

**** IMPORTANT ****