RE: [amibroker] Re: How to plot a maximum loss stop line

GP, I will try to get on the same sheet of music with you.

I went to the daily database that ships with AB, and pulled up GE.  Put in ticksize = .01 in the window brought up by the little “I” icon.  Then I changed the parameter values for stop level ticks to range up to 200 ticks which would be 200 X .01 = $2.00 of price change for GE.  Then I put the ApplyStop version in the upper pane and the loop version in the lower pane and set the stoplevel ticks to 200 for each pane.  Then I exported the image to MaxLoss.png which is attached.  Then what I see is no stop levels on the Applystop version in the top pane and two stop levels with the two short signals for the loop version  in the lower pane. Checking the price shown for the stop levels in the lower pane, they check out exactly at $2.00 above the short price.

Next I reduced the stoplevel ticks on the upper pane until I had stop levels showing.  This was at 70 ticks, or $0.70 stop loss.  No stop levels were showing until I reached 70 ticks on the upper pane.  But on the lower pane, the stop level moved smoothly from it’s location at 200 ticks down to 70 ticks.  I have attached the png file for this image as MaxLossStopTicks70.png.

Conclusions:

I would think that the two versions should give similar results.

Something is different using the ApplyStop version.

I don’t know for sure that my loop version is correct, but it works more like I expect it to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help!

Grover