[amibroker] Re: AFL getting started.

Hello Howard,

Thanks for your reply.
The daily buying is clear. The other answer makes at least clear
that what I want is a bit more complicated as I thought.

Basicly I want to test entry and exit strategies independently. To
see only the effects of the exit strategy I need a 'random' entry.
By buying on every open I have a random entry and a lot of data to
give the results of the exit strategy statistical relevance. If the
entries generated when already in the market are ignored certain
types of markets will be filtered out. Consequently the results may
become skewed.

I need a way to compound on every entry signal generated and then
link every entry signal with it's own exit price generated by the
exit algorithm. As long as the exit strategy is no function of the
entryprice fifo will lead to correct trade reports. I guess this
shouldn't be to hard to accomplish? However when entryprice effects
the exitstrategy (e.g. you pull up the stopprice asap to break even)
fifo will give incorrect trade reports as later entries may exit
earlier. The stop is pulled up to breakeven and gives the position
less freedom to move before hitting the stop.

Thanks
BB

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard B" <howardbandy@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Bimbo --
>
> You want to buy on the open every day?  If you are using end-of-
day data:

> Buy = 1;
> BuyPrice = Open;
>

> If you are using the ordinary capabilities of AmiBroker (which I
assume you
> are since you are just starting), you will have only one position
open for a
> given symbol.  Until you exit the first trade, all succeeding Buy
signals
> for that symbol will be ignored.  If you are running a portfolio,
AmiBroker

**** IMPORTANT ****