Re: [amibroker] high frequency scans sometimes makes ab unusable

Hello,

First and foremost, use:  SUPPORT AT AMIBROKER.COM
and NOT this list.
This list is for discussion between USERS, not for getting support.
By using this list instead of proper support address you are
slowing the development of AmiBroker, since you force me instead of Marcin
to answer support.

Second thing:
you should be using version 5.18.0 instead - it does not get the focus
when run-every is used. That would solve your problem.

Third thing:
You should not use "wait for backfill" box with Interactive Brokers.
IB is the only source that limits backfill running to just ONE at a time,
and wait for backfill can not be implemented in IB because of the IB limitation.
Instead you should backfill symbols once at start using IB plugin status menu
"backfill all rt quote symbols".

Also Jing is very resource hungry and as it takes GDI screenshots 10x per second
or more and basically brings machine to its knees.  Even the Windows Task manager
on the video you have submitted clearly shows that Jing video capture is taking
majority of CPU time (see Processes tab - Jing takes 50% - since this is dual core
processor it means that Jing completely taxes one core)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com