Re: [amibroker] Re: Net position sizing.

maybe this code helps also:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:10 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Net position sizing.

Thanks Ed.

I love that exclamation mark!

I am using the following code, but it's not eliminating the trades
above the param number. I tried using the default backtest mode
(removed the "backtestRegularRawMulti" statement), and ran the code
with a watchlist of symbols, but I still get more trades processed
than that in my param field.

Any clues here on why this code may not be working?

One clue is when I set the parameter to zero, it works - no long
trades are executed. But any number other than zero, and it processes
them all in the backtest.

_SECTION_BEGIN("Maximum buys");
// Maximum buys in a period
//-----------------------------
SetCustomBacktestProc("");
Num = Param("MaxBuys",4,0,9,1);
MaxBuys = Num;

if( Status("action") == actionPortfolio ) {

bo = GetBacktesterObject();
bo.PreProcess();

for( i = 0; i < BarCount; i++ ) {
cntBuys = 0;
for( sig= bo.GetFirstsignal(i); sig; sig = bo.GetNextsignal(i) ) {
if( sig.Islong() ) {
if( CntBuys > MaxBuys - 1 ) {
sig.possize= 0;
} else {
cntBuys++;
}
}
}
bo.ProcessTradeSignals( i );
}
bo.PostProcess();
}
//-----------------------------
_SECTION_END();

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Edward Pottasch" <empottasch@...>
wrote:

> if you are for instance looping through the trades like:
>
> for( trade = bo.GetFirstTrade(); trade ; trade = bo.GetNextTrade() ) {
>
> then you can check: if (!trade.IsLong)
>
> rgds,Ed

Positions,

> allows