Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:33 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Net position sizing.

How do you identify a short signal in the preprocess? I see only the
following signal object methods:

Methods:

* bool IsEntry()

True if this is entry signal, False otherwise

* bool IsExit()

True if this is exit signal, False otherwise

* bool IsLong()

True if this is long entry (buy) or long exit (sell) or scale-in
signal, False otherwise

* bool IsScale()

True if this is scale-in or scale-out signal, False otherwise

Is there a IsShort() method?

Cheers,

Adrian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "cipherscribe"
<adrian.mollenhorst@...> wrote:

> Thanks Thomasz and Ara,
>
> I am using the "backtestRegularRawMulti" option, which gives me
> multiple signals.
>
> Thanks for the hint to direct my attentions toward the custom
> backtester. I shall look into it and hopefully code what I am
looking for.

> Cheers,
>
> Adrian
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@> wrote:
> >
> > By default you can NOT have both LONG and SHORT pos on the same
> symbol open at the same time.
> >
> > The only way to have it is to use low-level custom backtester.
> > http://www.amibroker.com/guide/a_custombacktest.html
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com