Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: Backfill Interactive brokers; Duplicate ticker ID for API historical data query.

  • To: "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: Backfill Interactive brokers; Duplicate ticker ID for API historical data query.
  • From: Herman <psytek@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:01:59 -0400

Title: Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: Backfill Interactive brokers; Duplicate ticker ID for API historical data query.

If everyone who is using IB/TWS for backfill has problems, and IB keeps changing things, perhaps this is a constant drain on everyone's resources. It seems to me it has been like this as long as I can remember.

It may be better to look for a functionally more stable source of data for backfill, and minimize IB support to only that which is needed to trade real time, in combination with another data source for backfill. This may require a new approach but might pay off in the long run.

Especially so since all serious traders will eventually switch to pay-for backfill-data anyway.  Thus all the maintenance effort goes to support an exploratory and transitory phase...

Best regards,

herman

> The problem you are describing occurs in latest version

> of TWS since they again changed the way backfill request works.

> The problems that appear with new TWS releases

> are being addressed constantly but as long as IB developers

> continue their tradition of breaking things that worked before,

> you may expect problems (re-)appearing in the future.

> Best regards,

> Tomasz Janeczko

> amibroker.com

>>> provider...Get a data provider if you want back fills