[amibroker] Re: BackTest - Pad and Align

So, was your "misuse" the fact that you were not referring to any
Foreign symbols in your code? If you did in fact use Foreign in your
code (e.g. reference to an index for example), then would Pad & Align
have been appropriate for you (e.g. aligned to that index)?

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:

> I just had an illuminating chat with Marcin, that I'd like to pass
on...

> In my backtests, I noticed that I randomly got an extra trade at
the beginning of a data set.

> Marcin found the problem to be because I had checked the Pad &
Align box in AA window.

> The help files warn to use Pad & Align judiciously as it is meant
for data obtained from Foreign() function.

> Of course when I unchecked the Pad & Align, the backtest results
were what I expected them to be, without the extra trade.

> The implication is that when Backtest is run and there are a lot of
trades, the impact is probably not noticable. If you have only a few
trades, the the impact may be significant.

> It seem that this is not a "fixable bug", as it is not a bug at
all, but a feature for a specific purpose and when it is misused (as
I misused it ) then a problem arises.