Re: [amibroker] Re: What is wrong?

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for your help.  I have been struggling with this for the last month, and I feel like I am close to get to something.

@Barry:  I did use the following

vHHV = HHV(c,20);
hhvValue = SelectedValue(Ref(vHHV, BarsSince(vHHV)));
printf("HHV Value " + NumToStr(HHVValue, 1.2));

but it does not seem to work, becasue I get a blank screen when using it.  And I feel (but I may be wrong) that the "Selectedvalue" might still be a problem, because I want a formula that can be applied to any bar on the chart, without having selected any one (something backtestable).

@Tony: Before using that formula

PI=3.14159265358979;

Deg = atan(Slope)*180/PI;

if I understand correctly I'd need to figure out what will be "slope" and that "slope" should be the Linear Regression as gp_sydney said.  So I am still stuck as I have trouble establishing the LR outside of the selectedvalue.

I understand what you say about the concept: it seems weird to want to draw lines from each HHV to each bar; of course it would look like a fan and would be useless.  But this is not what I want; I don't want to use it as a chart, but rather has something that can be backtested.  I want each bar to consider only its "own line" starting from its own HHV (c,X) going to its own Close.   The problem with Selectedvalue is that it consider where I am on the chart, but as I see things I want to backtest the data so I'd need something that can be used without seeing the chart.

I'll try to explain again in different works.

For any particular bar in the array (and without looking at the chart; I want the whole thing to be backtestable) I want to get its own Linear Regression and then calculate the slope of that LR to get the angle and the degree.  Then, maybe I could use Rsquared to check if the data fits the angle or if there are bars very high over the LR and very low under that same LR?

@gp_sydney:

The formula you posted is this:

n = HHVBars(High, periods);
avX = MA(x, n);
avY = MA(y, n);
avXY = MA(x*y, n);
axXX = MA(x*x, n);

b = (avXY - avX*avY) / (avXX - avX*avX);
a = axY - b*avX;

line = a + b*x;

Please forgive my ignorance (I have really trouble to work with this stuff), but I tried to use it but I got messages saying that x variable had not been initialized, etc.

But if I understand correctly, if I can make this thing work I could simply use the "line"  and put it in place of "slope" in Tony's formula, right?

Thank you very much for your help!

Louis