[amibroker] Re: Indicator parameters reset themselves randomly

i have seen that too. i think the default ema value is 15 or
something. i changed my param values to 9. randomly, it changes back
to 15. currently i went and hard coded this to 9 in my indicator so i
dont have to deal with it anymore.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "awbe2005" <awbe2005@xxx> wrote:

> Maybe I wasn't too clear with my explanation.
> Suppose I have a default formula called "RSI".
> I change the default value of RSI from 15 to 14.
> Then in the GUI I change it for that particular pane from 14 to 13.
> After some restarts, it happens that it gets set back to 15.
> Which wasn't set either in the GUI or in the AFL code.
>
> So is this really a normal behavior designed by the author of the
> program and what are the workarounds to this issue beyond leaving,
in
> the case of the RSI, 14 both in the GUI and in the AFL code?
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> Best Regards,
> Davide Pugliese
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@> wrote:
> >
> > It is not random. You have modified the arguments of Param()
> function call.
> > If you modify Param() new values that you just entered must be
applied.
> > This includes resetting to default this particular parameter that
> has been changed by you.
> >
> > Otherwise the system would not be able to track down changes made
in
> the code
> > and you would complain that edits are not applied.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com

Amibroker
> > > default no matter what I do. They gest reset after some time
even if I
> > > change for example this formula:
> > > "_SECTION_BEGIN("RSI OF SUMMATION INDEX");
> > > SetChartOptions(0,0,chartGrid30|chartGrid70);
> > > periods = Param( "Periods", 14, 1, 200, 1 );
> > > Plot( RSI(SummationIndex), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color",
> > > colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style")  );
> > > _SECTION_END();"
> > > After
> > >
> > > Into this formula:
> > > "_SECTION_BEGIN("RSI OF SUMMATION INDEX");
> > > SetChartOptions(0,0,chartGrid30|chartGrid70);
> > > periods = Param( "Periods", 15, 1, 200, 1 );
> > > Plot( RSI(SummationIndex), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color",
> > > colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style")  );
> > > _SECTION_END();"
> > >
> > > The number 14 is changed into 15 when I look at the pane where
it's
> > > displayed.
> > >
> > > Same problem with moving avarages and that sucks because for
example I
> > > have charts with 6 - 7 moving avarages and changing all the
numbers
> > > when it happens is pretty irritating.
> > > This for some weird reason does not happen with colors.
> > > As for moving avarages I found out that if I rename them into
> > > something not default like "EMA TEN", "EMA ONEHUNDRED" and so
on I
> > > don't get them reset to some Amibroker default numbers.
> > > If I chose as names stuff liek "EMA1" "EMA2" or even "1
EMA", "2 EMA"
> > > I still get the issue with the number of periods reset to some
number
> > > that I don't even know where Amibroker takes it from, like 27
for
> example.
> > >
> > > As for custom formulas I have to set into the formula all of the
> > > parameters because if I chose for example "Hidden" as the style
of
> > > some indicator in the graphical user interface and I don't
write it
> > > down in the formula like this: "StyleHidden", it gets lost
somehow
> > > after some restarts.
> > >
> > > Can anybody pls help me to fix this issue which is annoying me
a lot?

> > > Thank you very much for help.

> > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> > >
> > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: