Re: [amibroker] Different tick count between AB and TS: which one is correct?

Hello,

http://www.amibroker.com/ib.html
IB TWS streaming data are ****NOT***** tick-by-tick, but rather 0.2-0.3 second snapshots,
read this for details: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/2/37364.html

You would need to use eSignal OR IQFeed which are tick-by-tick
to do any comparisons vs TS.

Answering your question from another thread that you created.

IB STREAMING is in 0.3 intervals (not tick-by-tick)

Backfill is even worse - limited to 1second bars.

Please DO read this:
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/2/37364.html

And no, Metaserver as any other software is not able to produce ticks from IB,
because the data are NOT there. Browse IB discussion boards - it is ENDLESSLY discussed there.

Miracles (such as creating money from thin air) can only be done by Fed.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com