[amibroker] Re: New file uploaded to amibroker

Tomasz,

Thank you for responding to my file upload; please see my post just
after: yes I had read that IB streamin gdata are not tick-by-tick but
rather 0.2-0.3 seconds. But I thought this was only true when you do
a backfill, not when you had the quotes normally streaming.
If however it is true all the time that IB quotes are never tick-by-
tick then how to explain that with metaserver interface (used for
Metastock and Tradestation realtime) on the same IB data flow it
produces relat ticks?? I don't understand.

Thank you,
Carl

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> You are using Interactive Brokers, don't you?
> Did you read http://www.amibroker.com/ib.html
>
> Specifically THIS:
> IB TWS streaming data are ****NOT***** tick-by-tick, but rather 0.2-
0.3 second snapshots,
> read this for details: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/cgi-
bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/2/37364.html

> You would need to use eSignal OR IQFeed which are tick-by-tick
> to do any comparisons vs TS.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com