From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of bilbo0211
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:43 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: OT: PC / Hard Disk Failure?

If the MBR is corrupted yopu can fix it with your Windows installation
disk.

Older versions of Windows uses

FDISK /MBR

Newer versons have a program called

FIXMBR (I think)

Check out this rescue disk:

http://www.sysresccd.org/

If it boots, you can copy your files.

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:

> My backup PC will not boot up because disk does not contain (or can
not access) critical bootup records.

> I transfered disk to primary computer, ran chkdsk and fixed disk
problems.

> Transfered disk back to backup PC. It booted up ONCE. Then same
problem!!

> Does it sound like a failed disk (it's a fairly new disk) or PC is
working improperly? (Interl Pentium PC)