From: James
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:06 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Buy/Sell price on a stop

Could someone point me in the right direction for the AFL in calculating the slippage of buying or selling on a stop. I searched ticksize and point value to no avail. For example:

BuyStp = HHV(Ref(H,-1),15);
Buy = Cross (High, BuyStp);
BuyPrice = Max (BuyStp, L);   I want  BuyPrice = Max (BuyStp, L)+ 1 tick ;

In this case of buying on a stop at BuyStp, you will almost never get filled at BuyStp because the ask will be at least 1 tick higher, therefore I would like to adjust the buy price by a certain number of ticks.

Thank you,
James