[amibroker] Re: positionscore problem

Just take the negative of the ABS value of the lowest PositionScore.
Or force it by subtracting a large number. You will also need to
account for the times when the best score is neagive.  For example:

PS = ROC(C,NumBars)/ATR(250);
PositionScore = PS +1000; // force everthing to be positive
// Buy longs here
PositionScore = PS -1000; // invert the list from absolute value
perspective
// Buy shorts here

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vlanschot" <vlanschot@xxx> wrote:

> One way of solving this would be to deduct an average ROC from some
> aggregate index from each of your individual scores, e.g. if your
> stocks belong to the S&P500, deduct its ROC from each of your
> individual ROCs (you can also create one yourself). You are correct
> in using the new functionality to seperate your shorts from your
> longs via the MaxOpenLong and MaxOpenShort functions.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> PS
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "claudecaruana" <claudecaruana@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Actually the code I supplied on my original message already does
> > this.. Works ok if the positionscores for each iteration contain
> both
> > positive and negative values. If they are all positive or all
> negative
> > the code below would fail.
> >
> > BR
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe" <j0etr4der@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This bit me, too.  From the AFL Reference Manual, section on
Using
> > > Position Score, "...AmiBroker will use the absolute value of
> > > PositionScore variable to decide which trades are preferred."
> > >
> > > Try this (untested):
> > >
> > > PS = ROC(C,NumBars)/ATR(250);
> > > PositionScore = PS;
> > > .