[amibroker] Don't understand how the backtester works. Please help.

I can do simply programming in AFL, but I am not a programmer. I
would like to know how the backtester uses the formula to backtest. I
have set the portfolio in the AA settings tab to

Max. Open Positions =1
Limit trade size as a % of entry bar volume = 10
Disable trade size limit when bar volume is zero = checked

When I add this to my buy and sell, I get different results.

Threshold = 1;
Buy = (my Buy conditions) AND Volume > Threshold; // only generate
signal when volume for given bar exceed Threshold
Short = (my Short conditions) AND Volume > Threshold;

When I change Limit trade size as a % of entry bar volume = 1 in the
AA settings, I get different results even if I do not remove the
threshold from the formula.

Then when I remove the check on Disable trade size limit when bar
volume is zero, I get different results again without any other
change.

Shouldn't the formula control the backtest over the AA setting? Does
the AA settings override the formula? Does the backtest use both?
Exactly how are the results calculated?

Thanks,
Tom