[amibroker] Re: Off-site Backup

Steve,

If your main concern is about your AFL code, you can mail it to
yourself towards many Email accounts. As simple text or as zip file.

You could encrypt the text if needed.
(PGP) http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGP

Some of my archives are in Gmail (google) for many years.

If you are archiving programs or big size files, it's a bit tricky.

Best Regards

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Jerry - I have been running it for a couple of weeks with no
problems whatsoever. I have set it to back up my AFL and a few other
things when I am sleeping, and I wake up every morning to a little
message, "File backup was successfully completed".  I read your link,
I don't know but it sounded to me like the guy was almost looking for
something to criticize?  I can only say that for me, it does exactly
what I want and does it very well. And the price is right...  8 - )

> In case you are interested, I also found this one which seems to
have very similar price and perhaps even a couple more features. I
can't say how well it works as I haven't tried it. Just figured I
would try the one from the EMC company first and it hasn't
disappointed me...

> http://www.idrive.com/
>
> Steve

On Behalf Of Steve Dugas
>   Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:30 AM
>   To: Yahoo - AmiBroker
>   Subject: [amibroker] Off-site Backup
>

>   Hi - I like this product a lot so thought I would pass it along.
I have years of hard work invested in my AFL codes and I keep several
backups but it dawned on me that in the unlikely event of a house fire
or other worst-case scenario, I could still lose everythng  I could
never replace everything from scratch so I went looking for an
off-site backup and was lucky enough to come up with this little gem

>   http://mozy.com/
>

>   It is an EMC company ( a world leader in storage? ), very
professional, etc.  Just install their little app and it will present
you with a directory tree where you can select any files and/or
folders for automatic scheduled online backup. Or manual if you
prefer. Everything encrypted and other good features too. Home users
get 2G of *free* space and if that isn't enough ( I am only using 48M
right now ), you can upgrade to *unlimited* storage for only $4.95 /
month. Pretty nice deal!