Re: Re : [amibroker] DDE Plugin and Bloomberg Pro

Hi,

I download a AB trial prior to buying multiple copies for my office,
for the precise purpose of setting up AB to take in a Bloomberg feed
and see how it goes.

My questions are
Is it necessary to install AB on the same PC as the one on which
Bloomberg runs? Or is there a way to access Blooberg data
by 'pointing' AB to the PC with Bloomberg? Both machines on the same
LAN.

If I can install Ab on a different machine and access data from the
PC with Bloomberg, then how exactly do I "point" to the bloomberg
feed? is there somewhere I specify the IP of the source PC? The
snapshot of the DDEW Plugin does not seem to have any field for
entering the IP of the bloomberg terminal.

I appreciate all help in this matter.

TJ,
In March 2005, you run a poll "Is anyone interested in a plugin for
Bloomberg?". The response then was not exactly overwhelming, but has
anything come out of it yet? Please tell me you have a connectivity
wizard all ready for d/l B-D

best,
kazaan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MikAB <elmikamail-ab@xxx> wrote:

> OK, chart is now working and datas are saved (my "LAST" field was
wrongly entered).
> I have 2 other questions: Is there a way to replicate exactely bars
provided by bloomberg (same opening and same closing time)
> What happends if I unplug Ami while markets are not closed? (I
suppose that datas are lost and then trading system will run on
incomplete datas.)

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Mikael

and you access those symbols data
> in any way (chart, scan, exploration, backtest).
>
> You need at least 3 bars to see the chart - so, if you BASE time
interval is 1-minute and you choose
> View->Intraday->1-minute you will need 3 minutes to see the chart.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

saved? If not, it is possible the save it?
> 2.After several minutes of streaming I still can't get any chart
even with tick or 1 minute interval.

> Thanks in advance for your help
> Mikael.

Bloomberg staff but they
> told us they are busy with work on Tradestation link.
>
> Below is a picture showing DDE configuration for Bloomberg. It was
used by one of our customers.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

real time datas via DDE Server.
> I tried to "play" with the Database configutration tool (tried a
lot of formulas etc) but never succeed to get anything.

> I hope someone can help me.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Mikael.
>

> Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers
Yahoo! Mail

_______