[amibroker] Re: Double braces

TJ
Do you ever think if you could put every possible term that
people can ever dream of in the user manual, there will be no
complaints about no being able to find things. I believe you will get
no less complaints and questions. My judgement on
the help/user manuals is pretty much like what Herman has said this
post: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/129052.
I, and many others have mentioned at least 5 times in the last 5 days
about using google. Let see if we put in "Title = "{{NAME}}
site:www.amibroker.com" and see what we find, we have lots of hits,
not of it useful. But I find this little gem you wrote in March 2006
here http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2006/03/04/how-to-change-the-title-
line-in-my-custom-indicator/ . It is quite clear that those who wants
to help themselves are able to find things, even if they had to ask
for help on their first time. There are tons of search tips from
google on how to get better hits, if only one wants to study and
apply them.
There are always those who will keep complaining, and you cant really
help them, because they wont help themselves. I believe what you've
got as a set up that is quite adequate, if anything, group together
pages that can be search easily, e.g. user guide & readme, dev log in
one search domain, afl library in another domain etc, and encourage
people to google to their hearts contend.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ReleaseNotes.html that is present in AmiBroker directory.
>
> > It's a serious question... a plea really... is there a way of
> > improving access to this kind of info...?
>
> That's a bit difficult. In the past release notes were part of the
User's Guide.
> But since release notes are huge now, and would bump the size
> of printed guide by 200+ (?) pages or so, they are not part of
user's guide
> anymore, but available as separate document.
>
> As Herman noted placing shortcut on the desktop to release notes
> doc and read me is good idea because, because even if things can
not be found
> in the official guide they still are covered in the change log.
>
> It is a bit difficult to have one document (guide) that fits all.
> If it is too detailed, then it can be seen as "too advanced",
> if is is easy to follow/read then it would miss the details.
> Maybe different guides at different levels of complexity, but then
> searching multiple guides is an issue.
>
> I realize, more than some may think that I am, that documentation
> could and should be improved in many areas. And I am working with
each
> release to make it better. It does not happen in a day because it is
> really a task to update 900+ pages of the guide alone.
> I belive that Howard's new book will fit perfectly as introduction
to AmiBroker
> and "first level/absolute beginner" help.  I will need to take care
about the rest.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

{{VALUES}}";

> >> Some additions and small improvements like support for double
braces
> > in title string
> >> were added for my own use, so they appear only in change log and
are
> > not "advertised" elsewhere.
> >> You need to keep in mind the fact that I am also using this
software
> > for my own,
> >> and sometimes add things for my own purposes.
> >> As when you buy a car you don't get service manual, but only
user's
> > manual. With AB, CHANGE LOG
> >> is "low-level" service reference for geeks ;-).
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Tomasz Janeczko
> >> amibroker.com

DEVLOG: