[amibroker] Re: The best way to help newbies, oldies, ... and AmiBroker ...

In keeping with the spirit of this thread then....care to explain this
one for me (and I suspect, other newbies):

" REF(c>ref(c,2),5); says that the close that happened five days
ago has to be  higher than the close that happened on the sixth day ago. "

My current level of understanding says that this part:

c>ref(c,2)

Will return a 0 or 1. For e.g., if the current close is greater than
the close of 2 bars ago, this statement is true and therefore "1".

So the longer expression now becomes:

REF(1,5);

Which does not make sense.

I've read the User's Guide. But obviously missed something on how to
nest a boolean test within the ref function, and have it all make sense.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <professor@xxx> wrote:

> Ron,
>
> The examples that you used were perfect. Even I could understand how
they worked and learn how to do things that I wanted to do but didn't
know how to do it. I spent a lot of time using barssince and ref
trying accomplish this.

> Thanks,
> Tom

So a trip