[amibroker] Loops to Arrays learning

Hello,

When I was first learning AFL, I did not quite understand how the
Arrays worked in the grand scheme of an AFL update pass.  The key
concept I was missing was that everything started over from nothing
for each update of the charts.  Later I learned that I could only keep
information around between AFL passes with static variables or files.
While I was talking offline with another AFL user, I found that he
also stumbled over this exact problem.

Without this basic understanding, I made no real progress.  I was just
floundering.

Next I had some trouble understanding exactly what was going on inside
many array functions.  Instead of using them, I would write my own
loops to do what I wanted.  When I became familiar with a working loop
version of something, I would get the idea of what must be going on in
the array function.  Then I would start to substitute array functions
and array logic so speed up my AFL.  Since I already had it working, I
could see if my substitutions gave the same results.

I would like to propose that a library of functions be set up either
in the KB, UKB, or as an example in each function definition page
(preferred).  The purpose of each function would be to duplicate each
array type function with an exact AFL loop equivalent.

This would serve two purposes:

First, the loop version of the function would actually be a concise
definition of what is inside the optimized array function.

Second, if the array version did not do exactly what was needed, the
loop version could be modified in the formula to give the desired
functionality.

I believe these would speed the learning and application of AFL for all.

Now open for discussion.

Best regards,

Dennis