[amibroker] Re: 'Rule Based' versus 'Discretionary' trading...

Tomasz,

I think you are entitled to some feedback, the same as everyone else,
and perhaps you would like some.

(I don't really want to do this - I am tired from long posts and deep
soul searching to answer questions about 'spiritual' trading but you
deserve it after many, many, posts that helped me and others).

I thought Alan was being provocative when he said," I discussed it in
the past,but you had your own views," in his original post.
IMO that wasn't necessary and didn't contribute anything.

Apart from that I thought he did a good job and made some interesting
points.

You proved that he hadn't thought carefully, about your Discretionary
Equity code, which is a little embarrassing... enough said.

> Everyone is free to make unsubstantiated claims about
> things that I wrote not working, but I am NOT allowed to say
>anything, yes?

Of course you are... better for all that you do.

> No, I have exactly the same rights as everybody here. If you are
>free
> to speak up, I am free to correct misinformation and share my
>thoughts
> as everybody else.

Actually, you have more rights than the rest of us... you are our
leader.

I thought your post was a good reply, all accept for the,"if you were
not so lazy" part..... if you had only left that part out it was
perfect.

I think that is the point that Yuki was making (search Wiki for ad
hominem == playing the man instead of the ball).

IMO, compared to your overall contributions in the forum, this is
only a small mistake .... unfortunately leaders are under the
spotlight a bit more.... because of my high regard for you it is a
little shocking to me that you would say something like that but I
make a lot of mistakes myself..... so.

Now that I am here.

I apologise for not giving you a completely honest answer as to why I
posted about Dis Eq curves without reading your KB article fully.

I went to the article and scanned it.

I was impressed that you had been reading quite widely, to find the
original article in the first place, that you had thought of us and
taken the trouble to write an KB article on the subject and that it
was well presented, with supporting screenshots etc.

I just wasn't excited by the end result ... it was only an orange
light for me.

I went back several times to check, and while I found the code of
interest, as a teaching example, I still wasn't jumping over the moon.

(To be fair I haven't even tried it so that might be why I am not
jumping for joy).

Anyway, I assume you wrote it as a discussion piece, and not an AB
feature, something that it succeeds at very well.

Sorry about that ... I know I want the MP3 player and everything
else ... I can't help it ... it takes a lot to really get me excited.

On one hand I like to push you, because I think you need it and
actually thrive on it. On the other hand .... in real life I don't
expect I will ever see that MP3 palyer in my ABmobile.

When a couple of people asked for clarification on what Alan and I
meant by a 'LiveTester' I was tired, there was some confusion around
and it was a long story so I grabbed a sound bite and posted that,
something that would get the message over quickly.

It is sad for me that the very good idea, of a LiveTester, has been
pushed off the frontpage and that people I like are hurting each
other in full public view.

I like the forum very much and have some friends here.
In fact I live a semi-reclusive life so it is wonderful intelligent
company for me.

The continual, and regular, lows of the forum are wearing me down
though ... such a pity.

Anyway, I don't want to go back and forth with this.

I am feeling tired, and you will be too, with Marcin on leave.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Everyone is free to make unsubstantiated claims about
> things that I wrote not working, but I am NOT allowed to say
anything, yes?

> Why everybody is so hyper-sensitive when it comes to him/herself,
> but at the same time thinks that I should accept every kind of **
with smile on my face.

> No, I have exactly the same rights as everybody here. If you are
free
> to speak up, I am free to correct misinformation and share my
thoughts
> as everybody else.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Equity() function
> > TJ> and you will quickly find out that it USES AUTOMATIC ANALYSIS
SETTINGS as
> > TJ> defined in Tools->Automatic Analysis->Settings.
> > TJ> Specifically it uses:
> >
> > TJ> "Positions"
> > TJ> and
> > TJ> "Trade Delays"
> >
> > TJ> If you set "Positions" to LONG ONLY then it will of course
IGNORE shorts.
> > TJ> To handle shorts you need to switch "Positions" to "Long and
Shorts"

> > TJ> Also, if P&L is one day off it means that you have set
> > TJ> TRADE DELAYS > 0
> >
> > TJ> Go to Tools->Automatic Analysis->Settings, "Trade" tab
> > TJ> and change delays to ZERO !
> >

> > TJ> Best regards,
> > TJ> Tomasz Janeczko
> > TJ> amibroker.com