[amibroker] Re: 'Rule Based' versus 'Discretionary' trading...

I take it you mean I can create a trade matrix, live, based on the
example code there.

I have had 3 or 4 looks at it this week, since it came up twice
already in this thread, and decided that it probably offered some
hints about one of the paths I could take to put together an 'inline
backtester'...... I was intending to try it out at the right moment.

I hadn't noticed it was there until Herman mentioned it though.

Once the trade series matrix is created I think that any of the
metrics, or any portfolio model can be emulated, without extremely
difficult code.

I also think that the all of the things we are talking about, re
chart trading, can be done progammatically already, using graphics
buttons etc.

My comment was in the overall context of a higher level solution for
the benefit of others.

I think the way to go, for live trading, might be to click a button,
or study, or AFL code to buy/sell ---> buy/sell as % and bars in
trade write to an array (referenced via function) ------> the trade
matrix arrays could be used, via AFL, to quite easily produce any
metrics required (live) ----> at the end of the live session an
election could be made to SaveLiveSession and the trade arrays go to
the AA for saving and/or processing as a 'LiveTest' report etc.

I was impressed that you had written some base Dis Eq code two years
ago.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Available (2006):
> http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2006/05/06/discretionary-equity/
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

processes.....
> > let's use something else, for what Alan wants, to avoid confusion.
> >
> > Yes, I am only talking about a live simulation with the
> > trades 'recorded' for later analysis AND/OR live metrics/money
> > management (part A would be a good start) .... I still like the
idea
> > of being able to store the trades in static arrays that can be
> > accessed via AFL.... don't know if that would fit in there or not.
> >
> > brian_z
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" <sfclimbers@> wrote:
> >>
> >> I can certainly see the value in calculating a full suite of
> > metrics
> >> based on the discretionary trades made via clicking on a chart
over
> >> given time period. These would be the equivalent of a mechanical
> >> trader's backtest results and would be the benchmark by which
> >> approaches were measured.
> >>
> >> But, how exactly would a discretionary trader perform a WFA
given
> >> that WFA is the application of optimized parameters upon
untested
> >> data?
> >>
> >> I doubt that you are suggesting that the discretionary trader
would
> >> manually iterate over the same chart trying different
approaches,
> > and
> >> that AB (or any other product) would then have to somehow figure
> > out
> >> what the methodology was in order to apply that logic into the
next
> >> out of sample period. Yet, that would be the only way to marry
the
> >> two concepts (i.e. discretionary and WFA).
> >>
> >> Even if the software did have some kind of artificial
intelligence
> >> that could capture logic based on the discretionary trades made
> >> within a period, what would be the point? The discretionary
trader
> >> would not confine themself to the signals produced by the WFA.
If
> >> they did, they would no longer be discretionary, but instead be
> >> mechanical traders :)
> >>
> >> It seems to me that WFA is the exact opposite of discretionary
> >> trading.
> >>
> >> Mike

> >> that

> > same