[amibroker] Re: How to delete quotes with Metastock data? ->Strange bug?

Louis,

OK, try this,
1)	 Make a folder. Name it MyData. It doesn't matter where. I
have a separate partition for my data. In the MyData folder create a
file and give it a name. Lets say make the name QC. I have several
portfolios and keep each one in a separate named file.
2)	Open QCollector. Make a new Metastock Portfolio. In the set
properties, give it a name, say QC and in the next line you select
your destination folder. Point it to MyData/QC. Now you have a
Metastock portfolio.
3)	Import your symbol list that you want to download data for.
As you go thru the different windows, you can select the start date,
format (I use Decimal), and time frame (Intraday). I set mine for one
minute.  I don't mess with the next window but at the top you should
see the "Destination Portfolio" and the number of symbols. If all
went right you should have a + in front of your new portfolio. You
can also check the symbol list by double clicking the port name.
4)	Now log onto IQ and click "Collect All".
5)	After the download is complete. Open Amibroker. If you don't
already have one made make a new Metastock Database. I use minute as
my base time interval. Create a new watchlist. Import the symbol list
you used in #3.
6)	Go to file ?Database settings-configure-add folder. Add the
data folder you created in QCollector. Click retrieve symbols, I also
click "Intraday auto-refresh".
7)	For RT data, in QC, drag the symbol list into "Timed
Updates". Adjust the update interval, hit run. I enable the sound so
I know its running. You should now have data in Amibroker.
8)	At the end of the trading day, in QCollector, I right click
on the Timed Update list and "clear all the symbols". Then I click on
the file "MyData", hit portfolio, "delete multiple symbols". Click on
the first symbol, press ctrl-shift, highlight them all and hit
delete. All the symbols should be gone and no data in Amibroker.

This may seem like a lot of work but really it isn't. And in all of
this, I never had to "Import the Data". All you need to do is point
Amibroker to your data file and retrieve the symbols. As for editing
the data, I don't have an answer?yet. My only suggestion is to delete
the symbol and re-download the data. If it comes up again, contact IQ

To report a problem with the data, please post on the Data and
Content Support forum, email support@xxxxxxxxxx, or call
1-800-793-9959.

Please include the following information:

Platform (DTN IQ, 3rd-party software, DDE, etc.)
Symbol in question.
Questioned price (high, low, last, etc).
Quote type: a quote, daily/weekly/monthly chart, intraday chart,
or time & sales.
Affected date and time.
Description of the problem.

Including this information expedites the correction process. Feel
free to include screen shots of the problem data.

I am making my own list of corrections.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louis P." <rockprog80@xxx> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I like to use Qcollector to make everything clean and easy to
download and I
> stock them in Metastock format again because it seems it is the
easiest
> thing to do.
>
> If I understand correctly, I should re-download the symbols and then
> re-import them.  But what if there is the same problem?
>
> In fact, I'd only need to delete the incorrect quotes, that's it.
But how
> would you do it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Louis
>
> 2008/8/20 John <jar5499297@xxx>
>
> >   BTW,
> > If you are using the IQ pluggin you can edit/delete the bad data
in
> > the quote editor.

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "John"
> > <jar5499297@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Louis,
> > >
> > > You said "I use QCollector for DTN IQFeed and I save the data in
> > > metastock format. Then, I import the data to Amibroker."
> > > You import the data? Why not use the Metastock pluggin? Then hit
> > > configure, add the folder and collect the symbols. Works for me.
> > >
> > > I see the same problem that you are seeing. Zero lows,
impossible
> > > highs after hours.
> > > If you are having problems with bad data, you can remove the
> > symbols
> > > in QColl and redownload. When I notice problems in the data, I
use
> > > the IQ pluggin and download the data. Many times it is IQ's
fault.
> > > keep meaning to send them an email showing them the problem
symbols.

> > > John
> > >

> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis