[amibroker] Re: 'Rule Based' versus 'Discretionary' trading...

>From my perspective, and this is really why I connected charting to
the ideas of 'rule based' vs 'discretionary' trading... if you are a
discretionary trader, from a software perspective it is ALL about
visibility. If the software you are using doesn't or can't give you
the best visibility available then you are at a disadvanatge. You
can't make sensible discretionary trading decisions without being able
to see how current market structure has evolved, what market dynamics
are at play, how the auction process is evolving at different time
frames etc..etc.. You simply don't get that from bar & candle charts.

Hence my obsession with Market Profile & Equivolume and generally more
accessability and adaptability to AmiBroker's charting facilicites.

Currently it's a fabulous piece of software, particualrly for 'rule
based' traders.... But probably a less fabulous piece of software for
discretionary day traders for example. But of course, I appreciate,
it's hard to be all things to all men...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ken Close <ken45140@xxx> wrote:

> One simple suggestion for charting improvement:
>
> Put in the ability to insert a "Tab" character in a Title statement
in order
> to make it easier to produce multi-line tables with "columns" left
justified
> no matter how many decimal places in previous values in the same row.  I
> have done it via complex IIF statements but how nice it would be to
insert
> the code for a tab character to create columns.  No, I do not want to do
> this with the gfx commands (too complex for this application).
>
> Ken

On Behalf