[amibroker] Re: Question about comparisons

You can answer these questions simply by plotting both lines on the
same scale and seeing if they ever give a buy signal. They almost
always do. The MA is above the C value, so it is hard to tell if the
condition is ever true. Adding shapes to your formula reveals whether
the condition is ever true. It is almost always true for QQQQ. Plot
the following and then think about what you really are trying to do.

plot(MA(  Close , 8 ) , "MA8", colorred);
plot(c * MA8Multi, "C value", colorblue);
plotshapes(!buy * shapeuparrow, colorgreen); // shows when not true

I plotted QQQQ and your conditions were true except for two times
since 1999.

Barry