[amibroker] Re: Freakishly fast backtest using 64 cores

Hey Fred:  I am not sure that I understand your comment.

If you are talking about auto trading, not sure.  I use Tradestation
for that.  It is fast, cheap if you have any trading volume, and
solid.  It does not need much horse power to run.  Not a very good
optimization plaform.

For optimization, it seems to me, that the problem is inherent in the
problem domain, not just due to limitations or implementation details
of a specific tool.

In Pardo's new book, he observes that the hedge funds build custom
solutions that are much faster and more powerful than anything
available to the retail invester.  It can be done with a room full of
unix servers, or the same power can now be acheived at best buy for
$150.  Got to love the power of the video game market.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fred Tonetti <ftonetti@xxx> wrote:

> It may well have a need for speed but unless I'm missing something
( and I
> may well be ) this only really has application with the currently
structured
> AB in optimization .
>

>   _____

On Behalf